Budget and contracts:
Our Contracts and Compliance Team is led by Mohsin Russol, HoD for Contracts & Finance
Our Feasibility and Proposals Team is led by Melandri Eloff, Head of Feasibilities and Proposals.
- MERC has a central dedicated Feasibility Team •Working in close partnership with sites and our senior management team •Early rapid response from sites and contacts for feasibility questionnaires
3-5 days for initial list of sites and estimated enrollment (majority were responded to within 1 day)
10 days for full budget and proposal for awarded studies.
We are looking to:
Streamline the feasibility process •Proceeding straight to site selection Providing capabilities slides for each Therapeutic Area Using a Top Down approach with Sponsor/CRO sales teams
Turnaround time: 5-10 days for full costing, subject to information provided. Ballpark budgets may be quicker.
We provide a central budget with blended rate in our standard template;
Sponsor budgets typically don’t include line items for our model & the additional activities undertaken to deliver our premium services.
- Our focus is principally driven by high delivery.
- Costs per patient are lower than other SMO’s.
- We’ve aligned our budget presentation so its a familiar format, offering transparency.
- We offer flexibility and can move costs within the budget to meet client needs We have a pragmatic approach to risk share strategies
Turnaround time: typically 2 weeks, subject to sponsor timelines, negotiation of budget and contractual terms.
Our preferred process is one central contract (within an overarching MSA) covering all sites involved.
- Provides maximum efficiency and facilitates rapid start
- We approve the contract within 24hrs of budget approval
- Sponsor contract requirements can be accommodated
- MERC takes care of all our sites contracting via our own robust contracting structure and processes, thereby saving CRO resource
- Amendments are easily managed
- Central invoicing – and we pay the sites!
- Metrics set up on a national study basis in line with Sponsor expectations.